1)At NOAA’s 21st Climate Workshop in Huntsville, AL in 1996 I presented a paper titled “Forecast of Global Circulation Characteristics in the Next 25-30 Years.” We are now 13 years along the way to this paper’s verification. All the major features that were predicted are on target.....
2)Global Warmers Hijack the American Meteorological Society (AMS)
The American Meteorological Society (AMS) was founded in 1919 as an organization dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge of weather and climate. It has been a wonderful beacon for fostering new understanding of how the atmosphere and oceans function. But this strong positive image is now becoming tarnished as a result of the AMS leadership’s capitulating to the lobby of the global climate modelers and to the outside environmental and political pressure groups who wish to use the now AMS position on Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) to help justify the promotion of their own special interests. The effectiveness of the AMS as an objective scientific organization is being greatly compromised....
(3)FORECAST OF GLOBAL CIRCULATION CHARACTERISTICS IN THE NEXT 25-30 YEARS
Over the last quarter century the global circulation has behaved in a number of distinctive ways from its general characteristics in the prior quarter century (mid-1940s to late 1960s). In comparison with the earlier period or with long-term climatology, the period since 1970 has seen:
1. positive southern minus northern hemisphere SST anomaly conditions,
2. stronger middle latitude westerlies over the Pacific and Atlantic and less North Atlantic blocking action,
3. more frequent and stronger El Nino conditions,
4. Sahel drought conditions,
5. less frequent Atlantic major hurricane activity,
6. small increase of surface global temperatures, and
7. many other changes.......
Click to download PDF file to read the three papers from William Gray