From ABC News:
“The pictures today from around the world of dramatic rooftop rescues from raging waters, makes it seem as though natural disasters are becoming an everyday occurrence. But they’re not all that natural; climate scientists say man-made global warming is the sudden force behind the forces of nature.”
No one who has followed the global warming hoax would buy that.
Not after Climategate in which government-grant-seeking PhDs admitted they manipulate the data to scare people.
Now, OK, the “climate scientists” say it.
That does not make it news.
That’s dog biting man.
So why is this reported?
The global warming hoax has all the elements of a successful hoax.
1. Doomsday. People love predictions of the end of the Earth. It makes them feel as if they live in historic times, which is why people with low self-esteem fall for this crap.
2. Sinners. Capitalists area favorite target of the elites because it is based on merit rather than the heredity or social networking that elitists are expert in.
3. Authority. The government says it, so it must be true.
4. Quantifying the unquantifiable. he Earth’s temperature is rising. Really. How the hell do you measure that? Yes, I know there are thermometers here and there. They have been there how long and who selected the locations?
5. Technology. Satellite monitors have detected these temperatures. Yes and they recorded temperatures of 612° in the shade.
Not a typo.
7. Flattery. The key in the tale of the Emperor’s New Clothes was that intelligent people saw the clothes, dumb-asses didn’t. If you buy into the global warming hoax, you are superior to those who are skeptical — or in my case, cynical.
8. Explaining the unexplainable. Why are there hurricanes? Global warming. Why are there typhoons? Global warming. Why are there droughts? Global warming. Why are there floods? Global warming. Why are there snowstorms? Global warming. Why are there volcanoes? Global warming. Why are there earthquakes? Global warming.
So of course the press falls for this crap — every time.