A climate hysteric posted this link on a danish site recently to show that cold winters can be followed by record breaking warm summers Here
Basically the article says “get your bathing suits out”, because while its raining in southern Norway, theres tropical warm here in Skrova in northern Norway (100 kms north of the polar circle). Last night the minimum night temperature was recorded at 22,7 degrees celcius.
“Tropical warm in Skrova is defined as when the night temperature is higher than 20 degrees Celsius.
What got me and the other sceptics laughing was this list of “maximum” minimum temperatures going back to 1957.
Tropical night in Northern Norway i June (back to 1957)
1. 22.7°C - SKROVA LIGHTHOUSE, 30.06.1958
2. 21.5°C - SKROVA LIGHTHOUSE, 10.06.2011
3. 21.4°C - BRØNNØYSUND, 30.06.1958
4. 21.1°C - SKÅLVÆR, 30.06.1958
5. 20.9°C - GLOMFJORD, 30.06.1958
6. 20.5 °C - KIRKENES AIRPORT, 14.06.1992
7. 20.3 °C - GRØTØY, 19.06.1974
8. 20.0 °C - KLEIVA I SORTLAND, 29.06.1978
9. 20.0 °C - BANAK, 26.06.1970
Apparently this is the warmest june they’ve had in 53 years.
Now my understanding of AGW assumes that the largest warming on the planet is at night and/or north of the polar circle.
Theres not been much warming in Skrova!